Frequently Asked Questions for Team Leaders
1. What is Day of the Girl? Just two years ago, the UN declared October 11 as the International Day of the Girl Child to raise awareness about all issues concerning gender inequality around the world. It’s a day when activist groups come together under the same goal to highlight, discuss, and take action to advance rights and opportunities for girls everywhere. DayOfTheGirl.org
2. Is there a fee? If you choose to stream Raising Ms. President there is not a fee, although you MUST have high speed internet access to do so. If you would like to screen Raising Ms. President via DVD, the cost will be $15.00 + shipping and handling, but the DVD is yours to own.
3. Since I'll own the DVD, can I screen it other places? No. Once Day of the Girl is over your personal DVD is for home use only.
4. Can I charge for my event on Day of the Girl? No. This event is FREE and open to the public for all of those who want to participate.
5. Are we required to have a certain number of participants for our screening? No. You can have as few or as many people at your screening as you would like. However, if you are an organization you must identify at least RMP Team Leader for every screening who will be in direct contact with our team.
6. What are required of RMP Team Leaders? Team Leaders are in charge of facilitating their individual screening and promoting their event. They will be in direct contact with our Raising Ms. President project manager who will help organize and guide Team Leaders through setting up their Facebook event page and Google+ Hangout account. In addition, Team Leaders will be tasked with writing a guest blog about their political journey and why they want to lead.
7. Do we have to participate in the LIVE Google+ Hangout? No. If you do not have a high speed internet connection or do not want to participate you don't have to and can watch it online after the event.
8. What equipment do we need to have? If you are purchasing a DVD you need a standard play DVD player or a computer with a screen to show the film. If you wish to stream the film you need high speed internet access and a computer.
9. How long is the film? 60 Minutes.
10. How long is the Google+ Hangout? 45 minutes.
11. What time does the event start? 3pm EST.
12. What if I cannot participate in Day of the Girl, but would like to screen Raising Ms. President another time? You can screen Raising Ms. President anytime during the year. Click HERE to host a screening.
For additional questions please Contact Us!